Level 2 reopening faqs
YOUR SAFETY IS OUR NUMBER 1 PRIORITY
WHEN IS ALL STAR REOPENING?
We are very excited to get back into the gym just as much as you are. But please hold on a little longer! We want to make sure that the environment you are going into is as safe as possible, so we’ll be opening our doors Monday 25th May.
We want to take next week (Week of 18th May) to test all of our systems and processes with our team under the new Level 2 restrictions, making sure that our gym will continue to be a safe place for you and for us. So, keep an eye out on your emails and get ready to start classes. We can’t wait to see you in person again!
ARE THERE ANY CLASSES THAT WILL NOT BE HELD AT LEVEL 2?
In the short term until the Government relax’s the guidelines around social distancing we unfortunately will not be running the following classes, these will remain virtual via zoom.
– Recreational classes remain virtual
– Mini, Tiny & Youth Elite teams remain virtual
– Any athlete under 7 is required to continue with zoom classes
We are we not running these classes as we can not be confident that we can manage the social distancing of some of our younger athletes and we do not want to put other athletes or our staff in harms way. Likewise with our recreational classes the familiarity with our staff regarding our systems and disciplined training may not translate well in terms of social distancing. We hope to review this on the 25th May when we have more guidance from the Government.
WHAT IS ALL STAR DOING TO KEEP ME SAFE?
Everything we can. We have put in place extensive new systems & processes to ensure your safety. We are following the Orders and guidelines set by Ministry of Health, MBIE & the Exercise Association of NZ.
– Staggered start & finish times
– Separate Entry and Exits where venues allow
– People spacing upon entry
– Attendance taken on entry
– Health survey on entry
– Three phase cleaning – deep clean start of day including vacuuming mats, high touch point sanitizing between classes and disinfecting all surfaces including the mats end of the day.
– Limiting numbers in venue, 25 for 1 floor and 50 for Legacy & Fame.
– Physical distancing of approx 2 metres in every venue.
– 2 metres will be marked in grids on floors to ensure social distancing
– Floors will be marked with arrows in relation to toilets and shared spaces
– No equipment to be used except tumble track which will be cleaned after use
– Water drinking stations will be off. Please bring a full drink bottle & named
– Hand sanitisation stations available, hand sanitizing on entry, during and exit for all athletes.
– COVID-19 signage in the gym
– Some of our staff will be wearing masks/gloves
– full training communication and education to all our customers and staff before re-opening
WHAT PERSONAL HYGIENE DOES EVERYONE HAVE TO FOLLOW?
We ask that every athlete takes responsibility for personal hygiene and also respects the space of others including:
– Washing / sanitising hands after going to the bathroom.
– Coughing and sneezing into your elbow.
– Keeping within your 2m grid box and refraining from going too close to the next person.
– Bringing your own sweat towel and using it when needed.
– Bringing your own filled drink bottle named and placed in the corner of your grid.
– Not sharing or touching anything not necessary to training.
DO I NEED TO WEAR A MASK OR GLOVES??
The wearing of a mask is your choice and not mandatory. Some staff will be wearing masks and gloves. It is mandatory for coaches taking privates to wear a mask if they are spotting or within 2m of any athlete.
ARE YOU DOING ANY EXTRA CLEANING??
Yes, we will be. We have designed a three phase cleaning system to ensure all surfaces are cleaned thoroughly. Before class, during class and after class. Including vacuuming mats daily, high touch point sanitizing between classes and disinfecting all surfaces including the mats end of every day.
HOW WILL YOU DO CONTACT TRACING?
We will be using our CRM (Customer Relationship Management System) attendance portal. We will know all athletes & staff who have been in our gym and will be able to do rapid contact tracing should it be required by the Ministry of Health. We do ask however, if you think your information is out dated please advise us. Coaches will have access to all athletes details on our CRM system.
WILL SANITISING STATIONS BE AVAILABLE?
Yes, we will have athletes hand sanitize stations available throughout the venue. We will also sanitise before, during and after practice.
WHAT ABOUT PHYSICAL DISTANCING?
At Level 2, we will be marking the floors in approx 2m grids to ensure athletes stay socially distanced. As well as using floor marking and arrows to keep distance while moving around the venue. Plus we will be staggering class start and end times to allow a 20min buffer between classes to ensure there is no congregating.
COMING BACK TO THE GYM – WHAT WILL BE DIFFERENT?
Things will be slightly different to how they were the last time you were in the gym, as we need to ensure distancing and athlete number limits. We will not be stunting, running routines or doing pyramids at this stage. Nor will coaches be allowed to spot any skills. You will also notice the gym floor is marked into grids and other social distancing markers throughout the facility.
WHAT ABOUT YOUR STAFF?
Our staff have undergone training and will be abiding by all physical distancing. Coaches have been given scripts for the health survey on entry and the health & safety reminder to go through at the start of every class. Along with training on our new entry and exit system.
HOW WILL YOU LET PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THE RESTRICTIONS?
We will be educating all our athletes on zoom over the next week before we re-open. As well as advertising our new guidelines extensively on social media and via email. And then before you enter the venue, you will see COVID-19 signage. And at the start of every class the coach will go over all the guidelines and remind athletes how to stay safe during class.
I’VE RECOVERED FROM COVID-19 – CAN I CAME BACK TO THE GYM?
If you have been off sick we will require medical clearance for you. You can then return to the gym as long as you follow all COVID-19 processes and protocols including personal hygiene expectations.
WHAT ARE THE HEALTH QUESTIONS I NEED TO ANSWER BEFORE ENTERING THE GYM?
- Are you feeling sick or have any Flu like symptoms, cough?
- Have you been in contact with a sick person recently?
- Have you traveled overseas in the past 14 days?
WHAT WILL I NEED TO BRING TO THE GYM?
Please bring a filled water bottle with your name on it and your towel. We also prefer you come already dressed in your training gear as our changing rooms will be closed.
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT THE FIRST TIME BACK?
Firstly, you are likely going to have to queue to enter the gym. Not a long wait hopefully, and we’ll keep things moving as quickly and as safely as possible, but we will need to maintain physical distance and entrance protocols.
ARE OUR TRAINING TIMES THE SAME?
Our timetable has changed to allow for social distancing and to make allowance for our online classes that will still be continuing. Please check with your Coach or Gym Manager for your new hours.
WHAT ABOUT CHANGING ROOMS?
Changing rooms will be closed for the time being, please come dressed for training.
WHY AREN’T WE ALLOLWED TO FILL UP OUR WATER BOTTLES?
With COVID-19 known to sit on surfaces and transfer through the air we are being extra cautious to minimise its potential spread.
WILL THERE BE CLASS NUMBER LIMITS?
Yes. We are working on the social distancing measurement of 2m so this means that on a full floor we can safely have up to 25 athletes in a class or our bigger gyms Legacy & Fame can have up to 50 athletes. We are working on aprox 4sqm for each athlete and will be adjusting numbers based on floor space.
WILL I BE ABLE TO USE ALL THE EQUIPMENT I HAVE IN THE PAST?
No, we will not be using any equipment, except the tumble track.
WILL ALL STAR VIRTUAL CLASSES STILL BE HAPPENING?
Yes, we will still be running our Unlimited Class Package as well as any team zoom classes for athletes who can not attend.
DO I HAVE TO COME TO CLASS?
No, you are more than welcome to attend classes virtually.