Level 2 reopening faqs
YOUR SAFETY IS OUR NUMBER 1 PRIORITY
IS ALL STAR OPEN?
Yes! We are open!
Auckland is at alert level 3. Alert level 3 means all Auckland based classes are running online via zoom on our normal timetable.
Christchurch and Hamilton are at alert level 2. Alert Level 2 means all Christchurch and Hamilton based classes are running in person in their respective venues but with our Level 2 safety guidelines in place.
WHAT IS ALL STAR DOING TO KEEP ME SAFE?
Everything we can. We have extensive systems & processes in place to ensure your safety. We are following the Orders and guidelines set by Ministry of Health, MBIE & the Exercise Association of NZ.
– Separate Entry and Exits where venues allow
– People spacing upon entry
– Attendance taken & QR code scanning on entry
– Health survey on entry
– Three phase cleaning: deep clean start of day including vacuuming mats, high touch point sanitizing between classes and disinfecting all surfaces including the mats end of the day.
– Keeping numbers under the Alert Level 2 gathering limit of 100 people.
– Physical distancing of approx 2 metres in every venue where possible.
– Requiring masks to be worn by athletes and staff where distancing isn’t possible e.g. stunting
– 2 metres will be marked in grids on floors to ensure social distancing
– Floors will be marked with arrows in relation to toilets and shared spaces
– Equipment must be cleaned inbetween uses.
– Water drinking stations will be off & kitchens are closed. Please bring a full drink bottle & named
– Hand sanitisation stations available, hand sanitizing on entry, during and exit for all athletes.
– COVID-19 signage in the gym
– Some of our staff will be wearing masks/gloves.
– Full training communication and education to all our customers and staff when alert levels change.
WHAT PERSONAL HYGIENE DOES EVERYONE HAVE TO FOLLOW?
We ask that every athlete takes responsibility for personal hygiene and also respects the space of others including:
– Washing / sanitising hands after going to the bathroom.
– Coughing and sneezing into your elbow.
– Keeping within your 2m grid box and refraining from going too close to the next person.
– Bringing your own sweat towel and using it when needed.
– Bringing your own filled drink bottle named and placed in the corner of your grid.
– Not sharing or touching anything not necessary to training.
DO I NEED TO WEAR A MASK OR GLOVES??
The wearing of a mask is required for stunting, baskets & pyramids where it is not possible to stay distanced. Gloves are not mandatory. Some staff will be wearing masks and gloves. It is mandatory for coaches taking privates to wear a mask and/or if they are spotting or within 2m of any athlete.
ARE YOU DOING ANY EXTRA CLEANING??
Yes, we will be. We have designed a three phase cleaning system to ensure all surfaces are cleaned thoroughly. Before class, during class and after class. Including vacuuming mats daily, high touch point sanitizing between classes and disinfecting all surfaces including the mats end of every day.
HOW WILL YOU DO CONTACT TRACING?
We will be using our CRM (Customer Relationship Management System) attendance portal. We will know all athletes & staff who have been in our gym and will be able to do rapid contact tracing should it be required by the Ministry of Health. We do ask however, if you think your information is out dated please advise us. Coaches will have access to all athletes details on our CRM system. In addition to our CRM system, there will be a QR code at the entrance to the gym. We ask all cell-phone users to scan this code on entry.
WILL SANITISING STATIONS BE AVAILABLE?
Yes, we will have athletes hand sanitize stations available throughout the venue. We will also sanitise before, during and after practice, in particular before and after stunting, baskets & pyramids.
WHAT ABOUT PHYSICAL DISTANCING?
At Level 2, we will be marking the floors in approx 2m grids to ensure athletes stay socially distanced. As well as using floor marking and arrows to keep distance while moving around the venue. Plus we will be staggering class start and end times to allow a 20min buffer between classes to ensure there is no congregating.
WHAT WILL BE DIFFERENT IN THE GYM?
Things will be slightly different to how they were the last time you were in the gym, as we need to ensure distancing, sanitising & cleaning is carried out correctly. You will notice marked entry & exit lanes into the gym, COVID-19 safety signage, the gym floor marked into grids and other social distancing markers throughout the facility.
WHAT ABOUT YOUR STAFF?
Our staff have undergone refresher training and will be abiding by all cleaning, distancing & sanitising protocols. Coaches have been given scripts for the health survey on entry and the health & safety reminder to go through at the start of every class along with training on our new entry and exit system.
HOW WILL YOU LET PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THE RESTRICTIONS?
We will be giving athletes a safety briefing at the start of each class as well as advertising our new guidelines extensively on social media and via email. Before you enter the venue, you will see COVID-19 signage.
I’VE RECOVERED FROM COVID-19 – CAN I CAME BACK TO THE GYM?
If you have been off sick we will require medical clearance for you. You can then return to the gym as long as you follow all COVID-19 processes and protocols including personal hygiene expectations.
WHAT ARE THE HEALTH QUESTIONS I NEED TO ANSWER BEFORE ENTERING THE GYM?
- Are you feeling sick or have any Flu like symptoms, cough?
- Have you been in contact with a sick person recently?
- Have you travelled overseas in the past 14 days?
WHAT WILL I NEED TO BRING TO THE GYM?
Please bring a filled water bottle with your name on it and your towel. We also prefer you come already dressed in your training gear as our changing rooms will be closed.
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT THE FIRST TIME BACK?
Firstly, you are likely going to have to queue to enter the gym. Not a long wait hopefully, and we’ll keep things moving as quickly and as safely as possible, but we will need to maintain physical distance and entrance protocols.
ARE OUR TRAINING TIMES THE SAME?
All training times are the same.
WHAT ABOUT CHANGING ROOMS?
Changing rooms will be closed for the time being, please come dressed for training.
WHY AREN’T WE ALLOLWED TO FILL UP OUR WATER BOTTLES?
With COVID-19 known to sit on surfaces and transfer through the air we are being extra cautious to minimise its potential spread.
WILL THERE BE CLASS NUMBER LIMITS?
Yes. We are working on the social distancing measurement of 2m so this means that on a full floor we can safely have up to 25 athletes in a class or our bigger gyms Legacy & Fame can have up to 50 athletes. We are working on aprox 4sqm for each athlete and will be adjusting numbers based on floor space.
WILL I BE ABLE TO USE ALL THE EQUIPMENT I HAVE IN THE PAST?
No, we will not be using any equipment, except the tumble track.
WILL ALL STAR VIRTUAL CLASSES STILL BE HAPPENING?
Yes, we will still be running our Unlimited Class Package as well as any team zoom classes for Auckland based athletes.
DO I HAVE TO COME TO CLASS?
No, you are more than welcome to attend classes virtually.